Video Explains Benefits of Boarding Your Dog at Jagger's
Top 10 Reasons to Board Your Dog at Jagger's Doggie Daycare:
1.State-of-the-Art Outdoor Facilities. Jaggers features 3 PET TURF Playgrounds outside, which the dogs react to like real grass, but the Turf has so many advantages. The Pet Turf eliminates muddy paws, and is much softer and safer on paw pads than concrete runs, rock, or pea gravel, all of which can create a variety of health concerns (Some dogs can ingest pea gravel and many dogs will not potty on concrete). With Pet Turf, there is no concern about fleas or ticks that can be lurking in real grass. Jagger's is the only dog boarding facility in Mount Vernon, Illinois that has 3 Pet Turf Playgrounds, which are easily sanitized daily with Wyshi-Wash to eliminate 99% of bacteria and germs. We shade the Turf playgrounds in the summertime while adding swimming pools to keep the pets cooler, and each of the play groups are always supervised by our large staff. When your dog boards at Jagger's, they are rotated within their assigned play groups from outside to inside (as long as they are spayed or neutered). Therefore they are only in their cozy Kennel Suites when they are sleeping or eating. The Sun Shades are important in the heat, and enables the dogs to do their business and play outdoors safely in the summertime.
2. Top-Notch Indoor Facilities. Jagger's features Ceramic Tile floors in our play rooms so that the dogs feel more at home. The indoor playrooms are also supervised by staff INSIDE each room, rather than watching through windows. We also have (5) different sizes of Boarding Suites, all of which have privacy panels to reduce anxiety and eliminate fighting/growls between Suites. Each Suite features cozy Kuranda Beds and private stainless steel bowls for food and water. We also have Commercial Grade Air Purification units in each boarding area as well as santizing devices inside our HVAC ductwork, all of which combines to maintain clean air and reduce the potential for air-borne illnesses to develop. Jagger's is the only boarding facility in Mount Vernon with 30 Survellience Cameras for additional security measures and safety. We also feature Ceramic Tile floors and five different sizes of Professional Brand Boarding Suites. We never do "open room" boarding. That concept is much too dangerous and makes dogs very nervous. At Jagger's, every dog has a Private Suite, for safety purposes, and to be able to rest comfortably. Private Suites also prevent "unwanted mating"of dogs which unfortunately has occurred elsewhere in facilities with open room boarding (no Kennel Suites). That will not happen at Jagger's.We always separate intact dogs from "group" play, and every boarding dog has their own Suite with privacy panels. (Family dogs can still stay together in the same Suite, if requested)
3.Large Staff of (16) Adults to provide lots of loving and attention to your pet. Jagger's features the largest staff of any dog boarding facility in the Mount Vernon area. Many of these people have been with us for multiple years. This fact assures you that your dog is receiving quality care, and that the ratio of pets-to-people is far better than the national average. Our staff members provide supervision of all play groups both INSIDE the playrooms as well as outside on our Pet Turf playground. We do not rely on watching dogs through windows. That is much too risky. Our staff is always in the play groups. Safety is our #1 priority. Each of our employees is equipped with a leash, digital walkie talkie and whistle, while on duty, for fast communication with other staff members, and we always have a pig board nearby to separate any dogs that engage in rough play. Jagger's is a member of the IBPSA (International Boarding & Pet Services Association). Through this industry-leading organization, our staff has participated in and completed dog behavior training, so we can better understand body language of dogs, warning signals of distress and aggression, and how to handle a variety of scenarios that can occur in a dog group. Most importantly, we are all dog owners like you, so we really love and care for the dogs. You can see this evidence in the photos that we post on Facebook each day, and during a personal tour of our facility. Yes, we offer a tour of our facility on weekdays while Daycare is in session. Other facilities might refuse to give you a tour in the back part of their facility where the dogs are, which should be a red flag for you. We encourage new customers to take a tour of our facility at Jagger's. You can see our policies and guidelines in action, and meet our large staff any day of the week at Jagger's Doggie Daycare. Learn more about our staff at this link.
4.Safety and Security is our #1 Priority. We have multiple safety gates throughout the building at Jagger's to control the flow and movement of dogs safely, so that large dogs don't end up mixing with small dogs, etc. Our outdoor play areas have "lean-to" fencing along the top perimeter to prevent "climbers" and "jumpers" from escaping our facility. You will also see a safety gate and fence at our main entrance door to prevent "door dashing" by a dog. Most facilities are not equipped with this safety feature at the main entrance. We also have TWO separate hallways that lead into the lobby for pick-ups which enables us to move dogs safer and prevent the chance of an unwanted large dog/small dog encounter. We mentioned previously that we have (30) surveillance cameras which record to a DVR. We feel that is very important. Jagger's also has fire alarms, smoke alarms, CO-2 alarms, and burglar alarms, all of which are tied directly into the Police & Fire Departments, which are only five blocks away. Our location is situated CLOSERto the Police & Fire Departments than any other dog boarding facility in Mount Vernon. Again, Safety & Security are top priorities at Jagger's Doggie Daycare. Here is a LINK to a video about many of our Safety featues: https://youtu.be/mW10hZ5y9EA
5.We post photos of the dogs in our care every day on our Facebook page so that you can see how your pet is doing, and some of the furry friends and staff that they interact with. These photos give you piece of mind while you are out of town, away from your pet. Jump on our Facebook page anytime and take a look at all of the photo albums. Many times we upload them by size of dog, (Smaller or Larger) so it is easier to find your pet. Here is a direct LINK to our Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/JaggersDoggieDaycare and we also have a Free APP that you can download from the APP store. With the Jagger's APP, you can request boarding, upload vaccination records, upload a photo of your pet, utilize coupons, loyalty options, see dogs available for adoption and more.
6. Medicine and Feeding Schedule follows your precise directions. When you check-in at Jagger's, we ask you about your dog being on medicine, and how your dog is fed. That information is recorded in two different places for redundancy and accuracy. We then follow your directions on that feeding and medicine schedule. We are also equipped to give insulin shots, if a pet comes to us that is diabetic. Medical handling fees apply.
7. Emergency Care through Veterinarians is available. If a medical crisis were to arise during your dog's stay,we have established relationships with several local and area Veterinarians (CLICK HERE)so that your dog can receive care, even if you are away. It is vital that you provide to us an "Emergency Contact Person" that we can reach out to, in the event that you are not able to be reached by phone. If your dog has issues while boarding with us, we will make you aware of it. We have Veterinarians who are regular customers at Jagger's and they use our services frequently as a customer.
8. Optional Exit Baths & Dog Grooming Services Available. If you would like for your dog to receive an "Exit Bath" or any other dog grooming service while it is boarding with us, we are happy to provide these services upon request. Normal Bath & Grooming fees apply. This can include a Full Groom, Sanitary Trim, De Shed Bath, Nail Trim, Nail Grind, Teeth Brushing, or standard bath and brush. You tell us what you need, and we can schedule it just before they are ready to go home with you.
9. Long List of Satisfied Customers. Jagger's has a successful track record of nearly 8 years in business here in Mt Vernon. Hundreds of satisfied customers have utilized the boarding services at Jagger's Doggie Daycare and many of these people have been regulars for Daycare, Grooming, or Training too. You can read many Positive Reviews about our services online from a variety of customers, and you can also talk to current customers about their experience with us. The fact that we have so many repeat customers speaks volumes about our facility, our staff, and our customer service. We also have former employees who still come back to board their dog with us, because they know how well their pet will be cared for. At Jagger's, we strive for 100% customer satisfaction. We are one of the few dog boarding facilities that will actually give you a tour, because we have nothing to hide. We actually have a staff of (16) people, we don't just "say" we have staff. We want you to see the difference, and understand the loving care that we provide and the state-of-the-art facility we offer for your pet to enjoy.
10. Accredited by the Better Business Bureau. Jagger's Doggie Daycare has a A+ Rating from the Better Business Bureau. We have been in business since 2015 and our BBB file actually opened in April of 2016. We have hundreds of satisfied customers in the area, many of whom are repeat customers. Our clients come to Jagger's from as far away as St Louis, Effingham, Anna-Jonesboro, and Carmi to board their precious pets with us in our unique facilites. We love and care for your dog's just like our own dogs. We invite you to stop by and see "the Jagger's Difference" for yourself.
Leaving your dog overnight for one night or multiple nights in a row while you travel out of town for vacation, weekend getaway, or a business trip doesn't have to be a traumatic event for you or your fur baby. We offer quality dog boarding for southern Illinois in a clean and safe environment. To learn more about our Safety and Cleanliness standards, WATCH a short video at this link: https://youtu.be/mW10hZ5y9EA
At Jagger's Doggie Daycare in Mount Vernon, we pamper your pooch with love, in a warm, stimulating setting that they will thrive in. Jagger's is the ONLY dog boarding facility in Jefferson County and adjoining counties to offer playtime on "Pet Turf" with a variety of exciting playground equipment. This iswhere dogs can play & socialize with other dogs their size and temperament in a clean and safe facility where they can also enjoy toys and playground equipment such as ramps, platforms, tunnels, and steps during the day, all under supervision by our large staff. We have 5,600 square feet of indoor space with (5) different indoor play areas. We also have (3) outdoor shaded turf play areas that are much safer and cleaner than any environment that would have dirt, pea gravel, concrete slab or natural grass that gets worn down and can expose your dog to germs, fleas, ticks, dirt, and mud. Old-style Kennel runs that only offer a concrete slab can also be problematic for your dog, because your pet might not potty on them at all. (We hear that problem a lot) Plus, the concrete can burn their paw pads in the summer. Our Pet Turf is softer and safer for your dog's paw pads, compared to asphalt, concrete, rock, or pea gravel, which have potential health risks. Visit Jagger's and compare. Doesn't your dog deserve the safest environment possible?
First and foremost, we are dog lovers just like you. That's why we will care for your dog just like our own. Human interaction is vitally important and your dog will get that 1-on-1 care, love, and affection at Jagger's. We are your dog's "home away from home." Safety and security is top priority at Jagger's. We have (33) security cameras that record constantly, as well as motion detectors, smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors, and fire alarms. We are also wired directly into local police and fire department which is just a few blocks away. Your dogs are always under human supervision in their play groups, whether inside or outside. We are also the ONLY facility in Mount Vernon and surrounding area that features commercial Air Purification units to insure that the air your dogs are breathing is clean. These units feature AHPCO technology developed by NASA, which eliminates 99% of allergens or potential air-borne pathogens that might otherwise be a threat to your pet. We are certified for air-quality with (5) different units in our building.
If your dog is on a prescription medicine or insulin, we can administer that as well. Jagger's is an authorized retailer of CBD Oil and CBD Treats for Dogs, which can help with anxiety, pain, inflammation, seizures, and tumor growth. We have seen amazing results for many dogs.
Finally, at the end of a fun-filled day of play, your dog will be tucked in with great compassion and care to enjoy a comfortable night of sleep. Studies show that dogs exposed to doggie daycare playtime, wind down much easier at night and sleep more soundly, than dogs left at a typical kennel run with no organized socialization daycare, playtime or 1-on-1 human interaction. If you choose to bring familiar bedding material or toys from home, these items will remain within their suite and not shared with other dogs. Twenty-four hour monitoring is provided and several security measures are in place to ensure the health and safety of your pooch. We offer a "discount" for 2nd and 3rd dogs of the same family in the same Suite. Safety is a major priority at Jagger's, which is why we are staffed with an employee/dog ratio that is above and beyond the national average. To learn more about our Safety and Cleanliness standards, WATCH a short video at this YouTube link: https://youtu.be/mW10hZ5y9EA
Through our relationship with local veterinarians, any medical issue that could possibly develop for any reason, can be dealt with promptly. You have our pledge to always be in communication with you about any change of behavior or health. Naturally, your pooch is expected to be current on all required shots and vaccinations upon arrival. We require each dog to be current on Rabies, DHLLP (Distemper/Parvo), as well as Bordetella. If you do NOT provide us a written record of current shots, your dog cannot stay- NO EXCEPTIONS! We are also highly recommending the Canine Flu vaccination, due to the severe Canine Flu outbreaks in Chicago and St.Louis four years ago.
If you have a female dog, and she is not spayed, she must NOT be in heat at the time of boarding or daycare, otherwise she cannot stay with us. The scent of a female dog in heat would cause a major disruption of the entire facility and would also put your dog at risk of being bred by another dog while on site. Jagger's is not responsible for a female dog (not disclosed of being in heat) becoming bred by another dog during boarding. If your dog has FLEAS, it cannot board with us or come to dogggie daycare, or training unless given an immediate flea bath, which we have available upon request.
If you have a male dog that is not yet neutered, they can still stay - but they cannot play with other dogs. Any "intact" dog (male or female) will be taken out individually and will not have group playtime/socialization with other dogs. If you have a dog that is 6 months or older, we encourage you to have your dog "spayed" or "neutered" for multiple reasons. Studies show that they will be much healthier, happier, and better behaved. Therefore, your dog(s) will be permitted to socialize IF they are spayed or neutered.
Our goal and purpose, is to relieve you of any stress associated with leaving your dog in our facility for an extended stay. We also offer "Optional Dog Training" as well as "Optional Dog Grooming & Bathing" for your dog while you are away. Ask us for details. Jagger's is conveniently located at 414 Main Street between the two sets of railroad tracks.
We offer a wide selection of Luxurious Dog Suites to meet your needs: Standard Deluxe Suite (16 square feet) with Kuranda bed, soft music, soothing sage green walls plus A/C and heat Queen Suite (24 square feet) with Kuranda bed, soft music, soothing sage green walls plus A/C and heat King Size Suite (32 square feet) w/ Kuranda bed, soft music, soothing sage green walls plus A/C and heat Super King Suite (36 square feet) w/ Kuranda bed, soft music, soothing sage green walls plus A/C and heat
If you really want to pamper your pooch we have: Presidential Suites at 9' x 9' (81 square feet) which include Ceramic Tile floor, Cable Television and extra-large Kuranda bed, light jazz music, soothing sage green walls, heating, air-conditioning, private fan and home-like atmosphere with photos, curtains, etc.. If your dog has a favorite television channel, we will program it especially for them. One of the Presidential Suites also includes an outside window for natural daylight.
Nightly Boarding Prices on Standard Suites start at $35 per dog, per date (based upon the size of the Suite you choose for your pet - see the 5 different sizes)
Standard Deluxe (4' x 4') Limited to 30 lbs.
Queen Size Suite (6' x 4') or (5' x 5')
King Size Suite (8' x 4')
Super King Size Suite (6' x 6')
Presidential Suite (9' x 9')
* Prices above can vary slightly during Peak Demand Holidays (just like hotels)
* Standard Deluxe Suite is ONLY for a dog that weighs 30 lbs. or less
* All Prices include FREE Daycare/Playtime ($22.00 value) We have 5 indoor play areas and 3 outdoor play areas. We match up dogs with same temperament & size.
* Multiple dog discount available for same family member dogs in the same Suite.
* Additional dogs in same Suite must be normal family members for safety purposes. In other words, all dogs must normally live with you under same roof & sleep in same space.
* We will feed your dog at their normal feeding times that you specify.
* If you dog is on medication, we can administer that too, (including insulin shots-for a fee).
FEES for Medical/Medicine Administration, there is an additional charge for medical/medicine procedures for each dog. Administering medicine (pills) to a dog is $3.00 per day and administering injections to a dog is $10.00 per day.
Should my Dog wear a Soresto Flea Collar at Jagger's?
We strongly suggest not to bring them. Those plastic collars can be problematic in our environment. They will likely get tugged and pulled off by playful dogs and we would rather not be responsible for them when they really aren't necessary, so please leave your Soresto collars at home. If your dog shows up wearing a Seresto collar, we will ask you to remove it and take it home with you.
PICK-UP TIMES: On your day of departure, you must pick by 12 Noon on Weekdays, otherwise there is a $16.00 Half-Day of Daycare Fee because we are keeping space available to your dog past your pick-up time. Any pick-up after closing time would require a pre-arrangement, and an additional fee, to pay our staff member. Our Pick-up Time on Saturday is 9:00am to 11:00am. (drop-off's too) Any later time would require a pre-arrangement and an extra fee. The Pick-up time on Sunday is 9:00am to 11:00am. (drop-off's too) Any later time would require a pre-arrangement and an extra fee.
What Should You Bring With Your Dog for Boarding Purposes?
1. We provide a Kuranda Bed to every dog, so they don't necessarily need a bed, unless you just have one that they "always" sleep on every night. We also have blankets available, if they are used to having one, so no need to bring a blanket. Some dogs "shred" blankets, so let us know if your dog has this shredding tendancy and whether or not your dog uses a blanket. We keep the rooms climate-controlled around 72 degrees year round.
2. Please Limit TWO TOYS only. They should be a hard plastic or well-made stuffed toy. Please do NOT bring a rope toy or anything made of rawhide that can cause potential health issue if ingested.
3. Please bring your dog in on a collar and a leash. We suggest leaving flea collars at home.
4. DOG FOOD. Please measure out and provide your dog's food in "Zip Lock" Bags. It makes the feeding process much easier and accurate for our staff. Use a Black marker and write your dog's name on each bag. Please do NOT bring us a large 30 lb bag of dog food. Space is limited.
5. Medication. If your dog is on required medication, bring it and inform us of the proper dosing. There is a small medical handling fee for adminstering medicine due to the extra time involved. We don't simply put it in their food. We make certain they take it with a treat, pill pocket, or piece of bread. NOTE: We carry multiple strengths of CBD Oil if your dog has a nervous nature and needs a "calming" effect, we can provide CBD oil upon request, as needed.
While most dogs left in our care are well behaved and easily handled, there have been a few exceptions. If your dog(s) shows aggression towards our staff by biting or knocking down our employees, or cannot interact with other dogs at all due to extreme dog aggression, meaning that we cannot even walk them past other Kennels without displaying extreme behavior, then we reserve the right to refuse to board your dog(s), discontinue a boarding that is in progress, or at the very least charge a "Handling Fee" of $10 per dog, per day, due to the extra stress and safety concerns of our staff. We will inform you if this becomes an issue with your pet(s).
We Accept Most Major Credit Cards, as well as cash and debit card.
(A completed form does NOT guarantee booking. Dates are subject to availability. You must also submit your current Vaccination Record from your Veterinarian. Please call us at (618) 316-7021 to secure your reservation and pay a 50% deposit).
CALL USfor Availability & Pricing Information, including the "Optional Dog Obedience Training" and "Optional Grooming" for your dog while you are away. Our phone number is(618) 316-7021
These are the Presidential Suites (9' x 9') which include Cable TV in addition to the other home-like surroundings such as ceramic tile and a cozy Kuranda bed.
This is the 8' x 4' King-Size Kennel Suite (at left), which includes Kuranda bed, light jazz music, soothing sage green walls, window with natural light, heating and air-conditioning, private water and food dishes, and privacy panel from the adjoining Suite, which eliminates the stress and anxiety that dogs often experience in the typical "Kennel with Runs" type of facility. Notice the roomy space from the bed to the food/water dishes. The King Suites will easily accomodate two "family" dogs if needed in the same Suite. The boarding experience at Jagger's is totally different and includes FREE daycare (a $20 value) like you see in the photos below. The photo (above right) is a Standard Deluxe Suite (4' x 4') which is ideal for dogs under 30lbs. You won't find cleaner Kennel Suites than we have at Jagger's. (Assuming your dog is "spayed or "neutered." Otherwise, dogs that are still "intact" cannot participate in group play/socialization but they an still board with us and have individual play time and interaction with staff.)
Green units above are 6' x 4' Queen Suites for medium to large dogs.
Trust Jagger's to be your dog's "Home Away from Home"
Each photo on this website and on our Facebook page are original photos taken by Jagger's. We own the rights to each photo. Any unauthorized use of any photo without permission is strictly prohibited.